July 20, 2010

Patterntastic

I found out about Bev Hisey earlier this summer when I was researching textile designers for the summer course I was teaching at KCAI. She is a textile designer based in Toronto, Canada. In my research I was looking for artists or designers who use simple shapes. It was all for an assignment on repeat pattern design using hand carved stamps. Anyway - I was in love with her work from the start and still find it inspiring, as I hope you will, too.  
hand tufted rug

 die-cut cushions

laser cut room dividers/blankets

 laser cut table runners

 I have been trying for years to grasp the "less is more" concept. I'm getting closer and looking at these designs helps.
She also has some really amazing "dirty dishes" rugs. They don't really fit with my theme, but are definitely worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment