July 23, 2010

busy busy little bee


 (quilt parts waiting to be assembled)

The past couple of days have been very busy in Kim-land but not very exciting to blog about. This week has been all about grunt work - dyeing backing and binding fabrics, wrapping up quilting on my shibori quilts, trimming off the uneven edges, sewing on binding and more sewing on binding. I have also been way busy in the garden, harvesting tomatoes, beets, peppers, okra, and green beans. A large chunk of next week will be dedicated to canning.

(quilts with bindings partially sewn on, waiting to be finished by hand)

I'm going to start moving into my new studio on Monday and am so excited (but not ready). My current studio has about 200 square feet and I'm moving into about 480 square feet. I'm a little worried I'll feel lost and tiny in the new space.

(Back and front of the quilt I am currently finishing. Hand sewing the binding takes me forever, but is definitely worth the effort.)

(The landscape quilt pieced together)

That's all friends. Simon and I are off to Granny's for the weekend. Maybe I will absorb some of her master quilter energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment