Today was so bad that I didn't even bother to take photos. I had this idea that I would coat string in thickened dye, then stitch into fabric with it and let the dye bleed into the fabric. I set up a whole experiment with wet string in wet fabric, dry string in wet fabric, wet string in dry fabric and dry string in dry fabric. Then I started on the wet on wet sample. For anyone that has sewn before, you know where this is going. It is painfully difficult to sew into wet fabric. Not to mention that my string was coated with wet dye so I had to wear my rubber gloves. I gave up after about 2 minutes.
Here is the rest of the not so great stuff I've been doing lately. I have to keep faith that it will all make sense soon if I can just keep showing up.
orange color studies
hand-printed yardage, overdyed different colors
An attempt at using up old fabric to save money. These are some of the left over reject fabrics from past quilts that I cut into strips and then sewed into mini log cabins.
Then overdyed them (this is them waiting to be dyed)
They are still heedious but will get better. They've been overdyed again since this picture was taken and are now a dark gray color. Much better.
On a high note, there was a decent turnout for my open studio last friday night. I think I'll go plant some onions.