April 27, 2010

Color Inspiration

I've been thinking about color in my environment more than usual for two reasons. First, I'm trying to figure out what colors to paint the rooms in my house. Second, I'm attempting to change up my usual color schemes in my quilts. Below are a three artists I recently discovered who work with colors that I'm drawn to but don't normally use. Sometimes the things I make are not the things I like. From a logical point of view this doesn't make much sense. I would like to being to bridge the gap.

semi monochromatic gradations with pops of color
 
Flesh of My Flesh

 The Ocean is the Underlying Basis for Every Wave


I would probably call these vintage colors
 
 He Was Packing All Night

 
 Rubik's Kitchen


Complimentary colors without being garish
(complimentary means opposite on the color wheel, 
i.e. blue and orange, yellow and violet, red and green)
Forsythia

In and Out of orange

No comments:

Post a Comment