July 11, 2013

News X 3

I have lots of good news to share. First off, I have spent the past three days making myself a new website. The address is the same: kimemquilts.com but it has a brand new look and is easier to navigate. Check it out and let me know what you think!


I am also excited about a new project I'm working on with my good friend Debbie Barrett Jones (she makes amazing woven panels and scarves). We are planning a community based Textile Studio in Kansas City. Basically, we want to create a place that fiber artists/crafters/hobbyists can go to safely dye fabric and yarn, work on bigger projects than they have room for at home, participate in fiber/textile events like show and tell, critiques, and holiday sales, and take workshops and classes. We are still in the planning phase and are looking for a space, but we created a survey to gauge interest. If you live in the Kansas City area and are interested, please fill out our survey

My biggest news, that I am finally able to share with everyone, is that I wrote a book! It's called "Modern Color: An Illustrated Guide to Dyeing Fabric for Modern Quilts" and is being published by C&T Publishing, through their Stash imprint (they make cool sewing and quilting books). It is a beautiful book and will be available for purchase in November. I will be introducing it at Quilt Market this October in Houston and I can't wait! There are 9 hand dyed and quilted projects with complete instructions and a chapter on dye safety. Yay for safety! And books!

 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! That sounds like a wonderful space - I would love to see something like that in St. Louis. Not everyone has the space to dye at home - it does take a up a lot of room!

    ReplyDelete