May 9, 2013

Empty Bobbin

 I am very excited to announce that I am one of Empty Bobbin's new designers! Shea Henderson, the mastermind behind Empty Bobbin Sewing Studio, is expanding her line of sewing patterns to include designs by other quilt makers and sewists. You can read about the other new designers at Shea's blog: emptybobbinsewing.com.
This is one of my favorite of Shea's patterns: Seeing Squares. I have this pattern, but have never attempted to make the quilt. The cover is just so great. Don't you love the color combination?

I can't give away too many details about my own quilt pattern other than to say how excited I am to be included in this talented group of women and that my pattern will be coming out sometime in the future.

Until then, here is a picture of a quilt I am finishing up right now for a show I'm having in San Antonio. Anyone going to the Surface Design Association conference this June? My show is part of the conference exhibition tour and is called "Sense of Place". It will be up at the Parchman Stremmel Gallery from June 5 - July 6.

And! It's the best season of the year! Kitten season! There is a Cats of Nimh situation at my neighbor's house and every spring there are adorable kittens to swoon over. This one's eyes just opened and she looks like a tiny version of my Owen. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in your quilt, Kim - it's really beautiful!!! I know you'll have fun with your Mom in San Antonio! So is this new little mini-Owen going to be an inside or outside cat? He's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete