December 6, 2011

fabric scraps for everyone

The semester is almost over and today was my first official day off in which I had absolutely nothing that had to be done. Of course there are always things that should be done, but those can wait. I went grocery shopping at the good grocery store and went down every aisle. Then I came home and decided to tackle my fabric stash. After gentle nudging and friendly reminders from Andrea in my quilt guild, I have finally gotten my sh*t together to start selling my extra fabric. This afternoon there was an explosion of fabric in my sewing room as I dug out all the little scraps from quilts I've been saving and all of the color samples and shibori examples I've been hoarding. I put together little bundles that are for sale in my etsy shop. Here is a sampling of what's available.
1/4 lb scrap bags of hand dyed cotton
there are 8 of them
1/4 lb bundles of shibori and screen printed fabric pieces
6 pack bundles of shibori, each piece is 1/8 to 1/4 yard of hand dyed cotton
and fat quarter bundles of 2 solid and 2 mottled dyed fabrics each (1 yard total per bundle)

Sorting through everything made me excited to start a fun new project. Now I just have to decide what to make...

1 comment:

  1. wow i had to jump quick on the shibori! good thing i went to yoga and was feeling spry ;)

    ReplyDelete