March 22, 2010

Symmetry

Do you ever look in the mirror for too long and freak out about how asymmetrical you are? Please don't tell me I'm alone here.
Well, today I was reading a book about tesselations and symmetry by Jinny Beyer and there was an example of famous faces that were split in half and repositioned to be symmetrical. It is so interesting. In two of the three examples one of the symmetrical faces is far more attractive than the other.
So. Here are my three versions. I like to think of the two symmetrical ones as my dopplegangers. One of them is not very attractive. Be warned...

normal Kim

symmetrical Kim #1

This one is terrible. It could be my ugly twin's mugshot.

My father-in-law warned me that I need to be careful with social networking and sharing information. I think he was joking, but this might be a good example of too much sharing.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely like the symmetrical Kim---the father-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally freaky - I'll have to try that sometime with photoshop - I do NOT think my face is symmetrical at all - at least this way you can see which side is the more attractive side and always be ready to show that side photo op. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? Every time I go back and look at those symmetrical pictures of myself I get wigged out!

    ReplyDelete