January 4, 2010

Key fiasco update

My key situation is fixed for now. I was able to borrow the spare key from my landlord and bought a new lock so we could each have a copy of the key. I'm going to worry about my work keys later...

My studio is now clean! I spent most yesterday afternoon cleaning and organizing. It's not pretty, but now it's functional.

Before:


Ooh, I'm not so sure it was a good idea to post these. Who knew I was so messy?

After:

My padded print table, trusty Kenmore sewing machine, and a quilt in progress on the right.


I set up a new work station for my computer. Before it had to share a table with the sewing machine.


For now I'm ignoring all the stuff under the table. My fabric scraps are multiplying like rabbits.

It's amazing how good it feels to walk into a clean studio. I need to remember this feeling and routinely pick up after myself to prolong it.

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful space to artsy fartsy!! IMHO the messier you are the more creative you are!!
    Who has time to clean with all the ideas going through your head.. LOL

    ReplyDelete